Help improve health care in our commiunity through Georgia's rural hospital expense tax credit opportunity!
Evans Memorial Hospital is partnering with the Georgia HEART Hospital Program to implement this exciting new rural hospital tax credit.
What is the Georgia HEART rural hospital organization ("RHO") expense tax credit?
- The Georgia General Assembly passed legislation that enables Georgia taxpayers to receive a state income tax CREDIT for 100% of the amount they contribute to qualified rural hospital organizations (up to the limits set forth below).
- There is a cap of $60 million in available tax credits per year under the program.
How much can I contribute for a tax credit?
- If you pay Georgia income taxes, you are eligible to receive a tax credit for contributing to Evans Memorial Hospital from January 1 through June 30 of each taxable year, as follows:
- Individual Filer - 100% of the amount contributed, up to a limit of $5,000
- Married Filing Jointly - 100% of the amount contributed, up to a limit of $10,000
- Pass-Through Entity - 100% of the amount contributed, up to a limit of $10,000, so long as they would have paid Georgia income tax in that amount on their share of taxable income from the pass-through entity
- C-Corportation or Trust - 100% of the amount contributed or 75% of your Georgia income tax liability, whichever is less
- On July 1, if any of the $60 million cap remains available, the above limits for individual and married filing joint taxpayers are waived.
How do I sign up to contribute?
- Complete and submit your 2019 HEART Tax Credit Form at www.georgiaheart.org
- Georgia HEART will submitt your tax credit pre-approval form on your behalf to the GA Department of Revenue (DOR) on January 2, 2019, in the order in which it is received.
- Within 60 days of receiving DOR tax credit pre-approval, send a check made payable to Evans Memorial Hospital to Gerogia HEART for deposit to the hospital's account.
- Georgia HEART will send you instructions on how to file your contribution confirmation with the GA DOR
- You will claim the credit when you file your 2019 tax return
Your contribution will increase our hospital funding and our ability to provide for the health care of individuals in our community! For more informaiton about the tax credit, please visit the Goergia HEART website at www.georgiaheart.org or contact Georgia HEART staff at email@example.com.
Please contact Lisa Ryles by telephone at 912-739-5105 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions, more information, or to make a donation.